Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Multi Tasking

Like all of us, I multi-task. A bit too much. While on a call for work, I would be checking my email while trying to catch up on the blogs I read through Feed Demon.

One of the things I am trying this month, is from the book 'The Power of Less.' The simple idea - I will try my best to single task, and report my progress on my blog everyday. Not that my blog is followed so widely that I need to worry about boring my readers.

So today, I did make some progress. I concentrated solely on my work related call, and was surprised that I was able to come up with inputs that normally I don't. And I really listened. Now that I am blogging, I am just blogging. Not checking my crackberry simultaneuously - which is really a disease! I wish I could get rid of it. At least I have shut off the buzz when new email comes in. Now if I can figure out how to turn off the red light that indicates a new email, I would be golden!

UPDATE: I just turned the red light off!!

1 comment: