Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sources of Inspiration

What are your sources of inspiration? What do you do keep yourself from giving up, from continuing to work on that business, or that business school application, or that next big presentation?

I believe that working on the tasks and visualizing achieving the end goal is a powerful motivator to keep going. However, I try to practice regular routines to keep myself inspired.

1. Every 3 days or so, I watch a TED talk. I try to go and find an inspiring talk that is not necessarily related to anything I am working on.

2. I blog. Blogging requires one to reflect on one's life, and reflection often highlights to me all the great things I am blessed with. This inspires me to keep going.

3. I read. My reading list normally consists of business books with an inspirational flair. Currently, I am reading Onward by Howard Schultz and Do More Faster by Brad Feld and David Cohen.

4. I spend time with family and friends. This is a great energizer and inspires me tremendously. I am a pretty friendly guy in general, but its those few close relationships that I cherish the most.


What inspires you?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shobhit, thanks for checking us out. Want to address your questions:

    1. Comments are automatically reward-enabled on most blogging platforms.

    2. Can you send us a note at support at punchtab dot com so we can figure out why you can't log in?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete